Children's Rights Council of Greater Tampa Bay, Inc.
Greater Tampa Bay CRC: A non-profit organization dedicated to offering advocacy, education, services, and resources to reduce time, conflict, burden, and costs associated with divorce and relationship dissolution and its effects on children. We are committed to reducing children at risk from developing harmful & destructive behavior and the prevention of abuse, neglect, and bullying. We advocate parents, step parents and extended family remain actively and responsibly involved in their child’s life.
Family Legal Clinics
We provide educational clinics on the following topics based on written law, state and federal public legal resources, general reference, and experience. We do not give legal advice. Visit www.crckids.org for full disclaimer.
- Legal Process & Court Procedures: A basic administrative overview affecting pro se litigants
- Learning the Law: How to access public family law information
- Interpreting Legal Definitions & Legal Jargon: Important common terms for family law in laymen terms. Bring can your documents & questions
- Cycles of a Divorce: Uncontested & contested, with/without children
- Hiring, Managing, & Working with Legal Practitioners
- Using the Clerk of Court
- Alternative Dispute Resolutions: Mediation, Arbitration & Collaborative Law Vs. Litigation
- Custody Evaluations: An overview of the process and challenges
- Shared Parenting Workshops: Child friendly. financial & personal considerations. using court approved forms & parenting agreements
- Child Support: Guidelines, paperwork, and enforcement
- Dividing Financial Assets: Forms & Organization to save you huge amounts of time and money
- Preparing for Court: Codes of Conduct for Success & Compliance
- Family Law Specialty Clinics: Military, Same Sex, Children At-Risk, Parent Alienation
- Meet the Attorneys & Other Professionals Night (small donation, advance registration required)
Our clinics are always expanding to meet the needs of the public. Our fee for clinics are $55.00 per person paid in advance with reservation. Private assistance is available, please call for information, initial evaluation, & fees. Your minimal fees support our organization so we can continue to bring the public state of the art education, services, resources, social research, and legislative initiatives at the federal and state levels.
Services and Resources
- Court & Conference Companionship
- Administrative Assistance
- Attorney & Professional Referrals
- Attorney Paperwork Reviews
- Focus & Organization Coaching
- Support Groups & Organizations
- Other Diversified Services